26 Apr 2018

Conquering Feared Silk

I bought 2m-s if digital print silk 2ys ago hoping one day I will have the guts to cut it. Being it sheer did not help with my fear for a while but time helps.
So when I realized I have no coverup for the beach and wanted to have something non-poly I made up my mind.
I used the Boho Chic Tunic Free Pattern from So Sew Easy and tweaked a bit. I cut the front in 1 piece as opposed to have a seam int he middle and didn´t leave an opening on the sides neither in the front.
Husband says this cut makes me look chubby -  he might be right so I might not use the pattern again but it´s still a nice piece for the beach.
Choosing an easy pattern was a wise idea - no new technique just sew as you go. I did French seams all over to avoid the seam showing through.


No comments:

Post a Comment